Enforcement Rules of Prior Dormitory Distribution for Undergraduate and Graduate Students of Nation Tsing Hua University
Adopted by the Dormitory Administrative Committee on January 12, 2007
Adopted by the Dormitory Administrative Committee on December 02, 2010
Adopted by the Dormitory Administrative Committee on May 19, 2014
Adopted by the Dormitory Administrative Committee on Nov. 23, 2015
Adopted by the Dormitory Administrative Committee on Nov. 30, 2017
- Article 1. Authority:
According to Article 2 of the Dorm Rules of National Tsing-Hua University.
- Article 2. Purpose:
The Enforcement Rules is made to ensure the fair, just and open operation of the prior distribution of dormitory.
- Article 3. Qualification:
Prior distribution of dormitory is divided into two parts, one is warranted beds and one is priority waiting beds. Those protected with dormitory right under government law/ regulation or the bylaw of the School may apply for Warranted Bed and other students shall apply for priority waiting beds. The qualifications of them are given below:
- Warranted Bed:
- Freshman and sophomore (On the data basis of the School Affairs Information System)
- Member of School Team: The distribution shall be conducted per “Regulations for Prior Dormitory Distribution for School Teams and Student Association members of National Tsing Hua University approved in Student Affairs Meeting. The related units shall propose to Dean of Student Affairs for approval and forward to Student Housing Office.
- Disabled students: Students holding Handbook of the Disabled.
- Student from Country other than Republic of China: According to the status indicated in School Affairs Information System.
- Resigned head residents in the resigned year: Name lists offered by the Student Housing Office.
- Resigned dormitory autonomous staff in the resigned year: Name lists offered by the Student Housing Office
- Students from low and low-middle income family: approved by Township / City / District Office.
- Indigenous students
- Staff of Freshman Service and Support Program
- Students of teacher development programs at public expenses
- Priority Waiting Beds:
- Students from low income family: name list shall be provided to Student Housing Office by Student Assistance Division each year after review.
- Students with physical incapacity (body weakness or physical inconvenience caused by disease): Diagnosed and proved by public district hospitals, confirming the necessity to accommodate in the school.
Student with special family or individual conditions and is recommended by head of department and Dean of Student Affairs.
- Article 4. Application:
- Warranted Bed: In every academic year, according to the duration of application termed by the Student Housing Office, the applicants may carry the endorsed certificates and papers and apply at the undertaking offices. Students qualified for warranted beds shall complete application procedures on line every year according to the Applying Time Line in bulletin of Student Housing Office, and the later shall arrange the beds.
- Priority Waiting Beds: Student from low income family, physically compromised or with other special conditions shall apply to Student Assistance Division by completing application form, and the application shall be countersigned by head of department and tutor, thereafter the application shall be reviewed by Counsel of Qualification Deliberation. Those who are adopted, after ratified by the Dean of Student Affairs, will be lined up in priority order.
- Article 5. Qualification Review
In case the supporting data of applicant is incomplete, it shall be made up before the cut-off date (cut-off date will be given in the bulletin of Student Housing Office), or the applicant will be rejected. In case the data accompanied for the application is found to be untrue, the application will be cancelled (Qualification of accommodation shall be revoked if already moved in dorm) and handled according to Student Rewarding and Disciplinary Measures.
- Article 6. In case any of the Enforcement Rules is found to be incomplete, Student Housing Office may submit proposal for amendment to Joint Committee of Head Residents for discussion and consideration and submit for Dormitory Committee for Approval and Enforcing.