Regulations for the Dormitory Administrative Committee of National Tsing Hua University
Revised and Adopted by the Committee of Student Affairs on December 3, 2002
Revised and Adopted by the Committee of Student Affairs on December 30, 2016
Revised and Adopted by the Committee of Student Affairs on June 1, 2018
Revised and Adopted by the Committee of Student Affairs on December 16, 2019
Revised and Adopted by the Committee of Student Affairs on June 17, 2020
- The Regulations are formulated based on the requirements for the management of dormitories at the school’s main campus and the Nanda campus.
- Aim : To coordinate with relative offices and consolidate dormitory management to offer students good dormitory qualities, thus establishes the dormitory administrative committee (this committee, in short in the following).
- Organization : The committee is constituted of members as follows:
- Automatic Commissioners: Director of Division of Construction & Maintenance, director of Division of Physical Facility, director of the Student Housing Office, director of Center of General Service, and director of Military Education Office.
- Selection committee members: One representative recommended from each college and 10 student representatives (four postgraduate representatives: three from the main campus and one from the Nanda campus; six undergraduate representatives: four from the main campus and two from the Nanda campus, as assigned by each head resident), with a term of one year each, who may be reelected for another term.
- The committee includes one director commissioner, served by director of Dean of Office of Student Affairs, one executive secretary, served by director of the Student Housing Office, and one manager, served by business undertaker, in charge of agenda arrangement and preparation of related data.
- Duties :
- Consideration and revision of the student housing counseling rules.
- Suggestion of dormitory fee charges.
- Consideration and revision of distribution and management of dormitories.
- Consideration and revision of the aid of office of general affairs on repair and cleanness of dormitories.
- Consideration of the hiring and discharging, promotion, evaluation, bonus-penalty, and long-term leave of dormitory administrators.
- Consideration of the determinations of the joint committee of head residents.
- Deliberation of other related mattes about the student houses.
- The committee must be held at least once a semester. If necessary, the director commissioner may summon temporary committee and ask for head residents and related members to attend the committee.
- The regulations are adopted by the Committee of Student Affairs, and shall be submitted to the President for approval before implementation.