Service Guidelines for Mail and Parcel Services in the Dormitories of National Tsing Hua University
Approved on Jun 12, 2018
Approved on Sep 25, 2019
- The Guidelines regulates the management of mail and parcel services for resident students at Tsing Hua University, and the service centers do not provide related services for non-residents.
- Applicable to: Residents, short-term residents, and staff who have completed the check-in procedures and moved into the dormitory.
- Guidelines on mail and parcel services:
- No collection service is offered for court and legal documents, or mail and parcels concerning personal legal rights and interests. Once informed of relevant matters, the service centers will notify resident students in writing to handle the matter by themselves.
- Mail and parcels are processed by the dormitory service center. Mail and parcels received by the center clerk will be checked by the dormitory system. Those addressed to non-resident students will not be signed for and will be returned to the sender.
- The service center does not pay the postage for the mail and parcels. The relevant charges arising from the mail and parcels shall be handled by residents themselves, and the service center may not provide the receiving and dispatching service.
- Mail and parcels will be returned to the sender if addressees fail to collect them within two weeks after informed by the service center, and they shall not make any complaint.
- The service center staff will be punished in accordance with relevant regulations if they open the mail and parcels received.
- Personal luggage, mattresses, quilts or other large furniture are not included in postal service. When mailing items mentioned above, owners must be sure to inform and coordinate with service center beforehand (No acceptance without coordination) and shall be picked up on the arrival date.
- The notice for collection of mail and parcels is issued mainly on the electronic bulletin board by the Division of Student Housing and to residents’ email address. The collection time runs from 8am to10pm every day.
- The Guidelines come into effect after adopted by the meeting of the Dormitory Administrative Committee and approval by Vice president of Student Affairs.