Q1：How can I enter a dormitory？
Ａ：【For students with student ID cards】
Swipe card at the dormitory door card reader to enter and exit the dormitory.
【For new comer without student ID cards】
1. Applicable Period: Every summer vacation and September (for the rest of the time, please borrow a temporary card from the service center)
2. Go to the Division of Student Housing website for the password to dormitory gate.
※The passwords for summer dormitory will be uploaded before the end of June and the passwords for semester dormitory will be uploaded before the end of August.
If you can't enter the new dormitory after transfer or find the password, please contact with Division of Student Housing during office hours.
※Exchange students shall go to Division of Student Housing to pay the dormitory fee first.
(1)Enter your student ID number and the last four numbers of your birthday (ex. Aug. 1st → 0801), then press Inquiry.
(2)To enter the dormitory, enter the password (a total of 10 digits including #) provided by the system into the door card reader by the gate. (A beeping sound will be heard after entering five digits. Continue entering the next five digits (including the #) to open the door.)
(3)The password can only be used for the dormitory the student is residing in. All passwords are void in the end of September. Please use student ID card after receiving it.
【Appling for the new student ID card】
1. Borrow a temporary card from the Dormitory Service Center until you receive the new student ID (The system will be updated automatically at 5:00 AM/PM). Make sure to return the temporary card after. When borrowing for use, please prepare a NT$100 deposit. When the card is returned undamaged or not overdue, the deposit will be refundable immediately. Please observe the National Tsing Hua University Student Dormitory Temporary Card Operating Procedure.
2. Contact the Dormitory Service Center or Division of Student Housing if you are unable to enter the dormitory.
3. Contact the Campus Security Office for student ID renewal or replacement, please dial the phone No +886-3-5714769.